If you are a Chaminade faculty member, you can put items on Reserve for your class to borrow from the library. Students must have a valid, current Chaminade ID card in order to use Reserve material.
- You may suggest titles for the library to purchase that your students must read.
- Library funding and collection development policies may determine if requests are fulfilled.
- The library will not purchase required texts that are available at the Chaminade bookstore.
Items not placed on Reserve
- Library Use Only material (e.g., Reference, Periodicals etc.)
- Interlibrary loans (items borrowed from other libraries)
Adherence to copyright law is the responsibility of the faculty. The library may reject materials on that basis.
To place items on Reserve
Email the following information from your Chaminade email account to email@example.com. The library will send verification of receipt of request to your Chaminade email account. If the library has to purchase an item, it will take at least three weeks to be available for your class if the item is in stock. Otherwise, it can take much longer to acquire, so please plan accordingly.
- Faculty Name
- Faculty Phone
- Semester, Year
- Course Name and Number
- Title of Item
- Personal copy or library copy
- Loan Period: Library Use Only, Overnight Use, 7-Day Loan (if no loan period is given, item will be "Library Use Only")
- Date needed
- Date to remove from reserve (if no date is given, item will be removed from Reserve at the end of the semester)
- If item is a library copy:
- Call Number
- Barcode Number
- If not a library copy:
You may also fill out a Reserve form at the library.