Create an Auto Alert in Ovid LWW Total Access Collection (Biomedical)
You can create an AutoAlert that emails a report of new information associated with your saved search. Once you have created an AutoAlert, the process of running it at specific intervals and delivering the new results via email is handled automatically.
- From Search for > Databases by Title on the left sidebar.
- Select LWW Total Access Collection. At the Choose a database page, click Sullivan Family Library Full Text Journals@Ovid.
- Access from off campus requires a login and password.
Save Search as Alert
- In the Ovid search screen, create a search that you would like to run periodically by entering search terms in the search box. Click Search. You can also use a Saved Search.
- Under Search History, click Save Search/Alert. If you have not already logged into your Personal Account, you will be prompted to do so.
- In the Save Current Search screen, type in a Search Name.
- Click AutoAlert from the Type drop-down menu.
- Select different options under AutoAlert Options.
- Type in the email address and subject.
- Under Report Type click the second option of Email includes records, Titles Display and Complete Reference Display.
- Under Fields, select fields you want displayed within each record.
- Under Scheduling Options, select how often the search will run.
- Deduping Options removes redundant records from the results set each time the AutoAlert runs.
- When you have finished making changes, click Save.
Delete an AutoAlert
To delete an AutoAlert, login to your Personal Account and click the searches you want to delete. Click the Delete button.
Contact the librarians for help with this feature.